Friday, December 4, 2009

Portland Waffles in the mix.


I like waffles. Not just any waffles, but those hot little numbers that come from a window in Portland, Oregon. I've come to believe that the best reason to mix my new record in Portland is that I can have a hot waffle (from a window) every morning on the way to the studio. This shit is really, really good!

Some will tell you that there are better things to eat for breakfast. In New Orleans everyone is all about the beignet. Well I've been to Cafe Du Monde after a full night of drinking and I'll agree it hits the spot when you are really drunk and really hungry. But it ain't no waffle. I'll take a hot waffle served from a window over them snooty french beignets any day of the week! These folks in Portland are on to something. Will someone please open a waffle window in Seattle? Pleeeeeeease!

Brent

ps - The tracks are sounding amazing. I've been handing a waffle to Jeff Saltzman before he starts work each day. I'm pretty sure you can hear the waffles in the mix. Listen for it when it comes out. The new album is titled "Please Stand By".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home