Monday, March 29, 2010

The end - 2010 Spring tour.

I wish I had the energy for a full tour wrap up. I really do. Touring is exhausting and my mind is completely tapped out. This will be my last tour post and I'll keep it brief.

First I want to say thanks to everyone who came out to each of our shows on this tour. I met so many great people along the way. Some of our shows were big, and some of them were small. But at every show, there was at least one fan who came out specifically to see us and hear our live music. Honestly, this makes it all worthwhile for me. I'll play to an empty room if I know that one serious music fan is there. If you are one of the folks who came out and watched us in an empty room, thank you! It means the world to me.

Secondly, I'd like to thank all of the booking agents, writers, DJ's, and bands who helped make this happen. This is our fourth full US tour and things are starting to get really good. Every time we venture out the tour dates get bigger and better. It can be drag booking clubs and it takes a lot of work. It's not always beneficial for a club owner to take a chance on a national touring act trying to break in to a new market. The pay off usually doesn't come until the return trip. For all of you who gave us that chance, thank you for your help. I can promise you we will keep coming back until it is worthwhile to everyone involved. We're gonna shove this cowboy shit down your throat. You're gonna like it. We're not gonna stop.

After last nights show, we drove it straight from Bozeman to Seattle. That's one hell of a night drive.
Photobucket
I don't have it in me to recap the show in Bozeman, but I can tell you there were a lot of people out. They spent their hard earned dollars to get in the door. They raised hell on a school night. It was a nice way to end the tour.

I'll get back on the blog machine next time I have something worthwhile to tell you. For now I need to get some sleep and try to pull it all together. Thanks everyone. Let's keep it real.

Brent


PS - If you live in Seattle, you owe it to yourself to come out to the High Dive this coming Saturday (4/3) for our show. Brent Amaker and the Rodeo is on fire right now. We've got Bunny Monroe joining us on stage. Ben will be debuting a new instrument: "the tamburger". Hell, he might even do a "tamburger" solo. I wouldn't miss this one. Be there. Don't be a square. Don't be a pussy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home