Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer sun and sweat mini-tour.

I'm a cowboy and I hate summer. Just today I was reminded of the reason we avoid playing shows in the summer. It's fucking hot! Black cowboy wear is great in the spring and fall. In the winter you only need an additional layer and you are ready to go. My formal cowboy suit jacket will do the trick most seasons. In the summer, there is no avoiding misery.

We left Seattle at 3pm today. I got dressed at 10am. By the time we left Seattle I was already smelling like Sugar McGuinn's butt crack. We are just a few miles outside of Portland now. The sun is getting lower. I expect it will cool down this evening. But if anyone gets close enough to smell me, they will know. Cowboys should not tour in the summer. This is a fact. It can not be denied. Still, I have to say I'm glad to be in the Rodeo van heading to an out of town gig. I love this life. I'm ready to tear it up. And I hope all of our Portland fans are ready for us to deliver the stink. Here we come PDX.

xo,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home