Monday, March 8, 2010

PDX to San Francisco to Santa Cruz


Damn, we're only a few days into this tour and it already feels like a dream. We've been going non-stop since we left Seattle. I think I left off in Portland, so I'll bring you up to date.

The drive to San Francisco was pretty standard. Everyone hurt from the prior night, but we all got up on time and powered through. Something about being in the van makes everything OK. It's kinda like being in the womb. Ben and Sugar did the driving and the rest of us tried to catch up on some sleep.

Amnesia is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to play in San Francisco. It's a great room and the people are a blast. This was another good one. Check it out.

Johnny took this photo. That's right Johnny Podhradsky made it to San Francisco just to give us a little tease and then leave us. He's still thinking of joining us on down the road. We'll see about that.

Our friends in Apache Thunderbolt rocked it and opened the show in style.

Here is Bryan's recap.

While the other loaded the van, Tiny Dancer had time to work on his Karate moves.

We had a lot of friends in San Francisco and it took us forever to get on the road. One big surprise was my brother showed up from Dallas, Texas. He came out with my cousin and I had no idea he would be at this show. It was great catching up and seeing him (even though it had to be quick). After we caught up and said our good byes, Ben took over for another late night drive. We got a couple of hours outside of San Francisco and grabbed a room at 4:00 AM. We were up by 7:45 AM and on our way to KPIG for a live radio broadcast.

We met some great folks at the station.

And got some swag for our van.

This was all followed with a set at Don Quixote's. A band from Fresno called Motel Drive opened. Great music and great people. DJ Tom LG spun 45 RPM records. Here he is eating nachos while spinning.

After the show, I lost my god damn Cartier sunglasses. This was followed by an all out band alert level orange gear hunt. We turned the place upside down. Everyone knows how much these shades mean to me. No one at the club had a clue. They were nowhere to be found. Just when I had given up hope, Ben dug my guitar case out of the back of the van and found them (just where I had left them). Jesus, I'm such a douche. That being said, I'm glad to have them back.

We ended up crashing in Santa Cruz and got our first full night of sleep for the tour. After a nightcap, I had some late night breakfast.

Now we are ready to hit the road again. Next stop L.A. Hell yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home